The Hertz Corporation Mechanic in Detroit, Michigan
The Hertz Corporation, a world leader in the car rental industry, currently seeks energetic team player to join our team as an Mechanic for the Detroit Metro Airport location
Duties include mechanical and warranty repairs, troubleshooting mechanical issues and various automotive systems, changing oil, changing tires, and 13-point inspections. Applicants must have an assortment of tools and a toolbox to keep them in. Must be able to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays; and work overtime as required.
· High school diploma or equivalent education required.
· Ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues with various automotive system
· Knowledge of brakes, drive train, electrical components, vacuum systems, and body.
· Ability with some supervision to use computer-based diagnostic systems
· Prior experience doing light automotive mechanics in a shop is required
· Ability to work with common hand tools is required.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time with continuous bending and twisting
· Must be available to work scheduled hours depending on the needs of the branch
· Must be at least 20 years of age
· Valid Driver's License with clean motor vehicle record
· Periodic MVR checks will be performed if hired.
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job ID 172370
# Positions 1
Category Mechanic - Automotive
Position Type Regular Full Time